Clinical Education Program
DPT-I: The First-Year Experience
- Evidence for Physical Therapist Practice a
- Cellular and Systems Physiology
- Musculoskeletal Anatomy
- Basics of Patient Management
- Mechanics of Human Gait
- Therapeutic Exercise
- Analytical Anatomy
- Evidence for Physical Therapist Practice b
- Disorders of the Musculoskeletal System
- Clinical Management of The Patient with Musculoskeletal Dysfunction
- Clinical Biomechanics
DPT-II: The Second-Year Experience
- Principles of Disease
- Therapeutic Application of Physical Agents
- Special Topics in Therapeutic Exercise
- Pathology of Cardio-Pulmonary Disease and General Medical Conditions
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Clinical Exercise Physiology
- Clinical Management of Cardio-Pulmonary Dysfunction
- Evidence for Physical Therapist Practice c
- Fundamental of Neuroscience
- Clinical Management of the Patient with Neurologic Dysfunction
- Clinical Electro-Physiology
- Evidence for Physical Therapist Practice d
- Life Span Motor Control
DPT-III: The Third-Year Experience
- Evidence for Physical Therapist Practice e
- Differential Diagnosis in Physical Therapy
- Emerging Topics
- Integrated Patient Management Clinical Skills
- Integrated Patient Management Seminar
- Attain a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher at the end of any academic year in order to participate in the clinical education program. If you earn a cumulative 2.75 GPA but receive a final grade of “D” in a clinical procedure course, then you must repeat the course and receive at least a “C” grade prior to continuation in the clinical education program.
- Have a physical examination that includes appropriate immunizations and titers prior to entering the program.
- Have biannual tuberculosis clearances while in the program.
- Subscribe annually to professional liability insurance available through the USC Risk Management Division.
- Be covered by major medical insurance while in the program.
- Have a current certification from the American Heart Association in Basic Cardiac Life Support for the Healthcare Provider (CPR) while in the program.
- Meet the requirements for any clinical education experience and complete and submit all required paperwork within one week after completion of the clinical experience in order to receive a grade of “CREDIT.”